View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I love including a good background for my characters. A small background is a couple pages. Once I went as far as to write about a dozen pages it included alot, to include details of prior actions, his part in them, wounds received and where and how he was treated at the recouperation facility.

And another, I included his childhood, highschool in good detail. His training in the military, when, where, special schools to include the yearly class.

I also included his award and disciplinary record as well as past units and an exerp from his courtsmartial proceedings where he was reduced in rank for being drunk and disorderly.

I tend not to load my characters down with alot of extra personal items beyond something small and durable. Unlaminated pictures fade, get stained and mold. Same with larger items, they get broken, dirty, wet, or just lost. And electronics, they don't tend to last to long either, either through batteries and power failing, or an unexpected blow or fall or just plain wear out. And then,of course gear being lost is another issue.

I doubt a character could maintain all of his original gear in the circumstances of the 5th for more than a couple of years unless they were way in the rear with the gear.

As for the whole visitation issue;

I worked that kind of law until failry recently and it is beyond unfair, but hey, justice is equal and all of that without any reguard to gender! Right! And I have a bridge to sell anyone who does beleive that.

Good luck and keep doing what you are doing one day things may change.