View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Banned

FYI guys - the RC/model rocket club at RPI where I went had a lot of members - and I have met a lot more over the years. There is a lot of people out there who can do this. So no I am not the only person who can do this. I am pointing out that at least one member of the board has the skills and knowledge to do it.

Thus can it be done - yup. And would make a great adventure where you get sent out to gather up the necessary parts to be able to either put drones back into shape to fly or make jury rigged ones that would be able to be used for basic recon and possibly attack missions (with the emphasis there on attack meaning ram into something with an explosive charge not fire a weapon and return)

Or fun missions like being sent to search for rocket motors using an old copy of a magazine that shows the shop did exist at one time in order to make a bunch of unguided rockets to use for helping to either defend or attack a town. And running into various people who really dont like the group much on the way.

And yes you can put a warhead on a model rocket. We did it in college - rocket was supposed to go straight up and have the warhead (a bunch of M80's wrapped together) explode in mid-air. But instead it went off course and detonated in the middle of the football field instead (luckily with no one on it). Coach was just a little pissed.