View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Of course the books specifically state EMP screwed up everything, INCLUDING items which were supposed to be shielded.

T2k is NOT the real world. The physics, while similar, are different. What we can expect to survive IRL did not in T2k. Again, this is stated in the game books!

The world is a mess. EVERYTHING is either destroyed, worn out or in very, very short supply. I really shouldn't have to be reminding people of this (again) as it's a core part of Twilight:2000!
All I can say about this, is we read the books very different. I do not get that from any of the books that I have read. So as far as I am concerned, based on my reading of the books, it is not a core part of twilight 2000. Twilight 2000 is more about being cut off from the chain of command, and government than a total lack of supplies. The way that I read it, everything is still available, not in the numbers that we are used to, but then again there are not the number of people that we are used to. Production is limited (and yes somethings are not being made anymore) but it is not a new dark ages like it seams that you are suggesting (and maybe I am reading you wrong).

So I guess what I am getting to is that it looks like there are very different ways people look at the same source material, and that is fine.