View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Now this depends on the type of team your players are running. I can see a fixed base for a Science team, and possibly for a MARS team, but not for a Recon team. A Recon team absolutely has to get out and patrol their assigned area, a fixed base becomes a large anchor around their necks, if they have supplies and a limited production capability, they are left with splitting their team and soon will run into the real possibility of losing their base and/or their mobile element.

This is an interesting idea, one well worth looking into!
Well, a recon team doesn't want to travel heavily laden and a secure base lets you explore the area of operations with your heavy gear stashed somewhere. It's also a good lightning rod for scenarios such as groups trying to take over the base.

My idea revolves around what looked like a pre-war sewerage plant on the outside and is a spartan military base on the inside. I picked a sewerage plant because they often have good reason to overhang rivers and this lets you use boats in your game and still have the base relevant. Watercraft are essential conduits of trade in low tech areas and this allows funky MP vehicles such as hovercraft etc. to have some stage time.

However the MP is all about travelling and using your vehicles as a base and I wouldn't want to lose that. That's why I'd have the GM carefully keep the vehicles as 'sub bases' which are not too laden with gear that you can't deploy them yet no too lightly equipped which means you're forever going back to base to re-equip.