Thread: The Long Voyage
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:18 AM

Default If hard pressed to explain something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854
Indonesia, Philippines & PRC have all descended into chaos. Lots of piracy and corrupt armed forces there in peacetime, can't begin to imagine how bad it would be post-TDM. Add in the chaotic remnants of the Soviet Operation Primus - commerce raiders and piracy, especially in Indonesian waters.

Why would Aussie paramilitaries be operating a US government civilian research vessel based in the Atlantic? Why wouldn't they use an Australian equivalent, such as HMAS Flinders or HMAS Brolga? Come on, do a little research here folks! I mean, if you do all this research into the Australian Customs service paramilitaries and US civilian research ships, how about some work on the obscure parts of your own naval services?
the GM needs only point out the unrefutable fact -"its because of unknown effects of radiation after global thermonuclear war.."

If the major obstacle people see here towards the campaign proposed is that the actual boat is stationed somewhere alse than the proposal stated ,I cant get onboard with that .(maritime jargon intended).

So what ? That vessel could have been moved all over the world before shtf to act as a part of a task force , an exchange program,stolen,on its way to be sold to a friendly /bellingerent nation etc etc

I believe it is an excellent backdrop for a campaign - until recently our party did something similar before they all decided to hightail to shore and hide up in their fiefs again..cowardly landlubbers ..

Here is a nother little something for the boating excursion - having to disguise and go into a pseudo neutral harbour to obtain " xxx" ( yes-x rated movies ..hehe) or medicines,parts ,fuel,a doctor etc ) and find that they have to do a dirty job for the boss of the waterfront as a merc mission in order to be "served" .

good way to introduce a nemesis that keeps on keeping on and follows them with irregular assasination attempts etc