Thread: Oil in T2k
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 02:30 PM

I think there’s a challenge in that canon is vague about what got targeted and what didn’t. That’s understandable as it clearly isn’t practical to list the fate of every single refinery on the planet but it does leave things open to a subjective interpretation.

Venezuela springs immediately to mind. From memory I think it has the second largest reserves in the World. I have vague recollections of reading something about Venezuelan facilities being nuked, but I can’t be certain (and it could have been something someone posted here rather than something that’s canon).

Dependent on what’s happened in Gabon (fairly sure it’s unmentioned in V1) they could be supplying the Franco Belgian Union with oil. Chad could also be involved in that. Although that maybe starts leading into the bigger picture that is the Franco Belgian Union (once upon a time I had a notion to create an FBU sourcebook as a companion to my UK work). I think there’s an inference in Going Home that the French are getting oil from somewhere…

Malaysia could be producing / refining / selling oil and gas. Maybe the Malaysians could carve themselves out a niche as a local power bloc, not sure. Our Australian contingent probably know that part of the World better in terms of whether Malaysia might have got involved in any local conflicts (e.g. a possible Australian / Indonesian War). Indonesia is also a big producer but I think it’s more or less a given that they would be in a shooting war with Indonesia.