View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Minor Spelling point...... Garand....... one R.
Don't know how I started to do that, never did occur to me I was spelling it wrong.

Quote:
Enbloc clips.... Loaded as a unit. Eight rounds per Enbloc clip. I don't see an indication of what is the Soldiers basic ammunition load for their rifle.
Individual weapon loads are something I have yet to do.

Quote:
The Infantry basic load doesn't have a Rucksack or a duffle bag. Unless the web gear is like the WW2 or British style with a multitude of individual pouch and a shoulder bag.

I would divide the basic load like a packing list. On the person, in the rucksack, and in the duffle bag on the truck or in camp.
Web gear is like WW2 but I will divide the basic load into carry load and stowed gear. (Any suggestions on the labels for the distinction?)

Quote:
A Lewis gun is in .303 British.. The rimmed case of .303 is the reason for the distinctive round pan magazine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_gun
"The US Navy and Marine Corps followed in early 1917, adopting the M1917 Lewis gun (produced by the Savage Arms Co.), in .30-06 caliber.

The US Army never officially adopted the weapon for infantry use[13] and even went so far as to take Lewis guns away from US Marines arriving in France and replace them with the cheap, shoddy, and extremely unsatisfactory Chauchat LMG[20]—a practice believed to be related to General Crozier's dislike of Lewis and his gun.[21] The US Army eventually adopted the Browning Automatic Rifle in 1917 (although it was September 1918 before any of the new guns reached the front).[22] The US Navy and Marine Corps continued to use the .30-06 caliber Lewis until the early part of World War II.[23]"

Quote:
Grenades....Any handgrenades... I didn't notice an White Phosphorus or Hexachlorethane (HC) smoke grenades or colored smoke for signalling.
The KFS is utilizing bullet trap style rifle grenades, assuming defectors from the corrupt KFS army would take what they have, I would think this Republic would be able to field the same, scaled up for 30.06. Smoke is vital to movement in combat, it screens your forces, and provides misdirection to the enemy.
Individual weapon loads are something I have yet to do.

Quote:
The Wall seems to be a variation on Hadrian's wall. The effectiveness of that had more to do with legionaries station in mile forts (literally a roman mile apart) than being a physical wall. Those guards were formed from the three Roman Legions assigned to guard it.
Jackson has lots of trees. Tree trunks set close together form a barrier for vehiclar movement. Putting the ditch spoil between the walls makes it somewhat resistant to cannon fire. Vehicular patrols of the wall are made daily.

Quote:
Sounds like your centering the Republics military on the German Army's flexible defense. This typically means a small unit occupies a static fortress, redoubt, or trench work forward and in contact with an enemy force while the other two thirds of a unit can maneuver. It is a sound system; However, the KFS has several batteries of 105mm artillery. This can pin down forces in a static position, tear up a minefield, target cross roads, and make life miserable if you can't answer back with your own artillery or rockets.
The Republic has three platoons of 81mm mortars as auxiliary units. The KFS 105mm artillery is a serious problem for the Republic. Jackson is relying on home guard or militia units attacking theses units once they have entered Republic territory. Not a good idea but it's all they've got right now. Maybe calling in 81mm mortar fire if possible, though it is unlikely to be available.

Quote:
A General Purpose Machine Gun..... The KFS can (and doesn't for some reason) field a 7.62 NATO GPMG. The Republic could be fielding M1919A2/A3/A4 GPMGs at the Platoon Heavy weapons level and in static forts. Machineguns dominate open ground, making one three man gun team plus ammo bearers the equivalent of a platoon on their own. Paired with another gun team in another position with interlocking fire and no one is crossing that ground.
The Republic has some M2HB machine guns but no GPMG. The Lewis MG is it.

Quote:
Combat Engineers without a bangalore torpedoe? In offensive operations, the combat engineers open gaps in enemy minefields, and wire defenses using these explosives.
The Jackson Republic engineers are taught defensive techniques to impede enemy movement using mines, booby traps, abatis, setting charges to create vehicular ditches, etc.

Quote:
Armor...... The KFS has it, and the Jacksons do not. The Jacksons "Relics" are not well defined. Armor is the battlefield bully that gets infantry onto the objective by destroying defenses, and killing other tanks.
Yep. The relics are V-150's with 20mm guns and few rounds. Jackson is relying on defensive engineering and the recoilless rifles. They are building more to equip two platoons per company, infantry and militia, but it takes time.

Quote:
The Jackson's have AAA though this isn't defined either. The KFS has the P-47 Thunderbolt which is heavily armed, redundant controls and an armored cockpit. Damned hard to shoot down.
See attached image.

Quote:
The KFS does have total air dominance, can destroy any fixed forts, shut down river traffic, can sweep through Jackson's territory with V-300s, M2 Bradleys, and M1 Abrams.
Yep.

Quote:
The Jackson's don't stand a chance and probably would have to do whatever the KFS wants.
Jacksonians are stubborn people and not inclined to be intimidated by just words nor inclined to submit after the first few battles. They know how ruthless the KFS is and are willing to die instead of submitting to KFS rule. And Jacksonians would be just as ruthless with KFS military and police forces. It would be much like the Eastern Front in WW2. No quarter.

But what if? What if Jackson defeats the armor column attacking, destroying a couple of planes, a few tanks, several Bradleys, and several V-300's and survives, defiant? How will the freemen and slaves in the KFS react to the news? (And the news would get around.) What about those other small communities around the KFS, would they be embolden to stand up to attacks and raids by the KFS, possibly causing more loses?

A direct assault would be risky. It would be better to isolate the Republic from resources and when triumphant forces from attacks in North Carolina and Ohio return, then attack from three sides, north, south and east, to crush the Jackson Republic.
Attached Images