View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Sardonicus View Post
I do suspect the JFS would have developed something far simpler in terms of anti armour warfare. Such as the Panzerfaust or the RPG which would give even the smallest squad, some sort of a realistic armour punch. And those weapons have been hand made in sheds since they were invented.
The most difficult part is a reliable fuse. Getting it to detonate on impact and getting a shaped charge to reliably form the superheated jet was the hard part. The motor propellants are relatively simply if you have the refining capability....... Even black powder makes a rocket propellant going back to the Revolutionary War.

Quote:
One thing I always found terribly unbelievable is the KFS having fleets of M1s and M2s. Without the hitech sights, communication equipment etc why bother. And unless the KFS has millions of gallons of hi quality fuel they'd be too slow to do anything useful and a realistic enemy would stick to ambushing their over extended supply lines.
I think the KFS can repair the M1s and M2s, yet chooses not to field them..... More really in the game to offset player ambitions and to prove why the KFS is the economic and military powerhouse that dominates the region. Maxwell's militia has several operational M60A1s that would annihilate the V300s and M2s, also would be capable of taking down the M1s a fair percentage of the time.. Maxwell's militia just doesn't have an economy strong enough to project power and is too paranoid to take their tanks outside.

Quote:
More realistic I'd think would be v300 and v600s, they're from an engineering point of view pretty much a yellow school bus with guns.
A fairly basic maintenance vehicle could switch out engines or tow them and the on board crew could probably change a busted tire.
That is pretty much in line with both KFS modules. Additionally lots of foot infantry supported by 2 1/2 ton trucks.