View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 PM

honestly i could see the project leaving most of the equipment in place why tear out and replace a good logistics mechanism just because there's some shiny, new, untested weapons system out there.

that said i could see them streamlining some of the logistical hurdles that they had to make do with as some of the kit gets improves. for example removing the HK69's M203's and M79's and replacing them with HK M320's which can serve as either an under barrel or standalone grenade launcher. and replacing the M60's and MAG 58's with the M240B. i could also see upgrade and modernization kits for existing weapons in the inventory such as the Uzi, Stoner, and such. this would limit the amount of time spent training the teams on all new weapon systems and allow older assets to continue to serve their purpose.

i never understood why the Project failed to reduce the logistical stress of having so many ammunition types to maintain among individual weapons. standardization would have been a far smarter course of action.
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.