View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default A reminder, and a warning.

This forum does not need to exist. Life would go on without it.

This forum does not need to allow anyone to post. As an archive it still would be a useful resource and keeping it as such fulfills any promises I made about maintaining the said archive.

I have dealt with enough agonizing slow deaths in my life (both in the past and currently) and if I see this forum going down this path, I WILL PULL THE PLUG. Either literally or in the form of a post lockdown.

No one here wants to censor or ban. They want civility. They want people to respect one another. They want to keep things positive and constructive.

However it things start spiraling downward and the voices of rancor and antipathy start to drown out the reasonable and positive voices. the microphone can be shut off for everyone.

Some facts to consider
  • I hold all the cards here.
  • I don't like something I built, being used as a hammer against another's creative process (even if i disagree with many parts of their process).
  • As this site no longer gives me joy a shutdown or lockdown would be painless for me.
  • Legally this site needs moderation and if my selected moderators decide to bail I am not going to open myself to legal risk .
  • Most of the loyalty I felt to the community has been poisoned by the actions of a few

So we sit on a precipice. Do those of you who are actively being harmful to this forum want to push me?

<edit added>
I fully support my mod team.

Failure to abide by forum guidelines will result in immediate action by the admin and/or mod team.

Last edited by kato13; 04-26-2021 at 12:52 PM.