View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 07:56 AM

I also agree - I've been trying to compile a expanded list that will capture these things:
http://sites.google.com/site/leonpoi...attredirects=0

My intention is to have some simple guideline about how much a turret can turn and still fire in a turn, and some ruling about the commander assigning targets etc. I also am trying to compile a list of exits and things like halon systems because I'm coming up with a slightly more complicated vehicle damage table where these things might be important.

For the turret I was going to go with enabling an unaimed shot if the turret rotation takes 1/2 a turn AND the gunner knows about the target, e.g. the commander tells him/her so, and allowing an unaimed shot if the turret rotation takes a full turn (maybe a 3/4??) AND the commander has somehow marked the target on his turn etc (for simplicity I was going to say any vehicle that allows the commander to rotate the turret to have this feature).

At the moment I'm toying with a few ideas, e.g.

Two values for FC bonus, the first acts just like the tw2k2.2 FC bonus and removes penalties for target moving etc but also acts like a bonus to the hit number, the 2nd is an increased bonus that is added if an aimed shot is taken. I'm thinking I want the bonus to be a flat bonus and not a bonus to the asset, i.e. at extreme range with FC+2 a gunner with asset 12 would hit on a 3 (12/4) + 2 = 5 instead of the 3.

Rules for backup optical sights if the primary gunsight is damaged - you lose your FC bonus but can still aim, if the 2ndary gunsight is damaged then I'm guessing you can still shoot but the shots must be unaimed.

For spotting at the moment I make spotting troops Difficult and spotting vehicles Average (this is what page 155 of tw2k2.2 says for spotting a group moving) with:
+1 Difficulty if target is camouflaged
+1 Difficulty if observer is moving
+1 Difficulty if observer is buttoned up inside vehicle put using periscopes
+2 Difficulty if observer is buttoned up inside vehicle using vision ports, broken periscope, etc
I haven't really thought about difficulty increase with range.

I intend to indicate which vehicles have smoke discharges/launchers and use the rules for chemical smoke.

Still works in progress but I want something that makes vehicle combat tactical and fun - any ideas would be really useful.