View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk View Post
I think like most "themes" we could end up with a collection of rules you could choose from. There might be two or three ways of dealing with a particular issue suggested by people, then you choose the one that suits you best.
I agree, any ideas that makes vehicle combat a bit exciting and makes every crew member feel involved is what I'm after (although poor loader, I've got no real ideas for him). If anyone does have notes it would be good to compare.

For rangefinders I was also toying with the idea of making them like scopes - treat extreme range shots as formidable and not impossible if you aim.

I've been looking at the wording for sight/vision damage:
Code:
The referee randomly determined which item(s) in this category have
been damaged (gun sight, range finder, night vision equipment), per the
 required damage result. If a component is damaged twice, it is 
irreparably destroyed. Repairing any of the three components in this 
category is a task
(Formidable: Electronics).
so I at least wanted to have explicit rules for each of gun sight, range finder, night vision equipment to be damaged:
gun sight - can't aim
range finder - don't get FC bonus
night vision equipment - don't get NV bonus
I assume damage would be to the external systems and not the actual display/view (or whatever it is) inside the turret. Anyway, this was stuff I was trying to cover in the Optical Relay Thread.

I've been trying to get some ideas from GDW's board game Assault - it has rules for vehicle spotting etc - you can find the rules here if you are interested:
http://sites.google.com/site/leonpoi...attredirects=0

Last edited by leonpoi; 10-16-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added link to assault docs