View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Registered Registrant

Firstly, my apologies for thread-crapping and taking us far off topic and while I agree with Mohoender's conclusion about killing 3 million Australians, I doubt that it was ever possible simply again due to geography. Most of Australia's population lived in the south and would be thousands of kilometres from any frontline the Japanese could have established. Plus most population centres were sparsely populated when compared to European or North American towns/cities e.g. 2000-5000 population for a typical town and they were often 50-200km apart.

However, to get back on topic, consider the following scenarios,
1. Japan does indeed manage to invade the northern part of Australia (specifically, Queensland and the Northern Territory). Your "Escape from Kalisz" group consists of Australian and possibly British and Dutch East Indies civilian and military personnel trying to make there way to Queensland and then to New South Wales. If they are lucky they can garner some assistance from local aboriginal tribes.
2. Your "Escape" group consists of Japanese POWs incarcerated in camps deep in New South Wales. You must escape and travel through New South Wales and then Queensland with the goal of reaching Papua New Guinea. This concept is based on the Cowra Breakout http://www.anzacday.org.au/history/w...tes/cowra.html