View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
I would think a cache of alcohol powered farm tractor like a reproduction Ford 8n with implements like a plow, seed drill, auger, rake, disc, and brush hog. then a large-ish alcohol still for generating methanol for biomass like rye grass or corn stalks. Nitrogen packed seed stock too.

A bolt hole like a Team one, only no team. Just a tractor or two, or ten.

I don't get why animal pulled plows are included in Team caches with an intended wake up of 3-5 years. Few people know how to hitch one up let alone plow with it. Livestock would be nearly extinct from bio plagues targeting them, starving masses, and fallout. So an alcohol powered tractor together with a large alcohol still makes more sense in recovery.

This follows my concept of a "Nesting Cache". One of my fears for my project teams is an early wake-up. Before the entirety of the program can mobilize, you might have a team that wakes up 18 months into the timeline due to mechanical failure or such in the bolt hole. This team would have to make it on its own until the remainder of the project can be pulled together.

Such an "early bird" (Project Phoenix uses a lot of avian related nomenclature) would need some form sustenance for survival until the program awakens. I propose an additional cache known to 4-6 teams in an area. This cache would have one years of food plus basic farming equipment to allow multi year generation.

There are some security issues with multiple teams knowing about a single cache, but if it was an asset that was only to be used for emergency wake up (or after all teams have a normal wakup and contact eachother) then those issues can be mitigated.