View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebarde
A suggestion to gaming that you all probably have already thought of, considered or used is to set a "did it survive?" level. Say civilian vehicles that fall into the electronic age have 2% chance of survivng the EMP for what ever reason, then roll your percentage, for military it might be 95%. Heck I don't think anythingis 100% vunerable or protected. There's just too many variables and true unknowns.

Grae
I like your suggestion. However, I apply a no-chance to survive to the most recent civilian vehicles, including hybrids. From what I know of them, there is always minimal electronic working one way or another. For many of them, leave them on parking lot with the battery plugged in, don't touch them for three or four weeks, and you'll have a good chance to buy a new battery when trying to take it back. Anyway, in T2K, nobody will have the means to fix them. About the 100% you are right and I think that cannon even says that everything, even shielded stuffs were damaged one way or another.

Might be interesting with fly-by-wire aircrafts. Flying an F-117 damaged by EMP might be a challenging game in itself (providing it still can fly). The world may be gone with a all bunch of aircrafts from F-16 to Su-27 and then to F-22 (actually, you might still have F-16 are there are way enough around to fix a small number of them).

Ok! I know, these are shielded but who knows really. I can easily imagine, even today, the USAF doing its best to refit whatever A-7 and F-4 they still have around (as I know US has 3 to 6 J-35F Draken in flying order, fun!!). Look at the Vermont international airport (near Burlington, east of Winoosky and south of St.Michael's College) on Google map, there is a nice F-4 Phantom II somewhere on the field and may be a few T-33: already enough to make a fine airforce in T2K (from memory they might be in flying order or at least well cared off).

Marines corps might be better off so as I don't think the Harrier is entirely fly-by-wire. For the Russians, they might still have Mig-29s reinforced by Mig-23s (there are 500 reported to be in storage). Wish to be Chinese or Albanian with their old and nice rust buckets: Mig like stuffs? Jee, Albania will have the most powerful airforce in the Balkan, with limited domestic oil to fuel them.

Also from what I recall, most helicopters have a better chance to survive and the Texans, with their WW2 aircrafts are definitely the smart ones.