View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Military tractor trailer could pull a commandeerd live stock trailer.... Or use the stake and pallet trailer. There are also refridgerated vans and freezer vans in inventory.
I would be concerned about the diversion of fuel from combat units for transport of livestock or refrigeration. I think it would be more "resource feasible" to hire civilians to "drive" cattle, sheep, or goats behind the combat units. These animals really don't need feed hay or grain as a food source for short 100km to 150km drives. You just let them graze on the drive. Texas Longhorns and Brahmas can and do survive completely on graze (although they both look anorexic to this former Black Angus herder). These two breeds have another advantage that most milk and beef cattle don't have today. They can birth without assistance (google "Calf Chains" for an education on this). Horses are a very different story. A horse NEEDS grain if it is to do any work for you. Horses without grain will deteriorate very quickly if used for work. This all assumes an orderly/planned movement of a military unit. If a military unit were "moving with a purpose"; I'm betting they'd just "forage" for supplies (much to the distress of the locals).

Last edited by swaghauler; 05-27-2015 at 04:59 PM.