View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 12:08 PM
Banned

Not sure about PA but the New York State Thruway was build to be used for emergency landings and takeoffs for bombers and fighters. I don't know if they were intended for operational loading (i.e. fully loaded with bombs and fuel) but there have been over 20 landings on the Thruway by various small planes over the years - they even have been charged for using the Thruway when then do so (in 1976 there was a 300 dollar fee charged for using the Thruway to take off)

Keep in mind that there are still operational planes in the US - but that most likely they are used very very sparingly due to fuel shortages - that's one reason my GM had the Texas module used as a (successful) MilGov invasion to get the refinery and the avgas its making

there is no way that the USAF has absolutely no fuel in the US -for one we know there are still operational refineries in CA, OK, and IL from various canon sources - however it is probably being conserved to absolute priority missions only - probably needing personal approval from the Joint Chiefs or the President for its use