View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
I think the most appropriate symbols (for T2K) would be those used by NATO, pre-1997. I'm sure Eddie knows what he is talking about for the US military circa right now but modern US symbology isn't necessarily what is most appropriate for this discussion.
I am actually trying to strike a balance. In general for the stuff I am producing for T2k i am trying to match the symbols that GDW used in their games. This is the stuff I cut my teeth on and therefore am most comfortable with.

There is likely a logical reason for many of the changes I have seen. For example my assumption is that photocopies or unintentional black and white printing necessitated the switch from rectangles to diamonds for enemy units. The increased use of color printers minimizes this problem so I will not tackle it immediately.

I am modernizing the font to current US standards as I hope to share the font with others who might find it useful. I am also hoping to use the font for TO&Es, hierarchical structures, and unit wiki pages. Another factor leading to my going with a pure US version is also due to the fact that a font already exists for NATO units (though it is significantly less awesome than mine )

Last edited by kato13; 04-26-2009 at 11:17 PM.