View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man 1966
Hmmm, if you want motorized form of transport, a "SEEP" (amphibious jeep) would be cool and if you can make enough fuel, an amphibious DUKW (Duck" with 6 wheels) would even be better. Would be cool to make a motorhome out of a DUKW too and it would double as a houseboat. I even saw a late 1940's era magazine that suggested turning a DUKW into an RV. There was also a civilian "Amphibicar" made in Germany too, early 1960's, one of our local radio stations had one back then too.

Chuck M.
I have always wondered what happened to the DUKWs that are used for tourism in the Wisconsin Dells, in the T2k world. I think there are about 100. I remember during the tour they discussed that they used their own machine shops to manufacture parts as they are difficult to find. This bodes well for their continued operation.

Game wise they might have been commandeered by the 1st Brigade 49th Armored as they would have passed through the dells on their way from Chicago to Fort McCoy. Perhaps they were then used by the division for transport down the Mississippi once the division was directed against the Mexican forces.

Last edited by kato13; 10-23-2008 at 12:31 AM.