View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 PM

I guess this goes back to what you keep and what you toss. I see the logic of many of your posts, but in the end there are two problems.

(1) Fusion is just too great an advance on technology in the way its depicted. I could see a larger power station that creates the electricity necessary to power the vehicles and that these power stations could become key strategic assets of the project that need to be placed on-line within a short window, but having every team moving about the land with a portable fusion power station seems too easy an escape. Ok, you don't want them running around collecting fuel- fine. Utilize an alternative source of energy. Large wind turbines? Massive solar panel fields? There has to be some form of technology that isn't quite so advanced. I can see long-term batteries that last for a year or so, but fusion power.

(2) I know its canon- but the time and dimensional jumping Morrow has also been a thorn in the game. I'd rather have an organization that ran the math probabilities and predicted some massive global catastrophe was inevitable and had decided it was worth investing some kind of plan for when catastrophe happens.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer if the game didn't becomes a search for fuel, but there are really no better energy alternatives? Bio or alcohol fuels seem a better choice and flexibility in energy development. Ok, large nuclear reactors, wind farms or solar power fields need to be built and defended, but why not make that part of the game as well.

There seems to be a trade off- how flexible and free do you want your teams to be vs how believable is the fusion energy and the problems fusion brings.