View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespers War View Post
FEMA was created by a pair of Executive Orders in 1979 combining the Federal Insurance Administration, the National Fire Prevention and Control Administration, the National Weather Service Community Preparedness Program, the Federal Preparedness Agency of the GSA and the Federal Disaster Assistance Administration from HUD. Its existence was never classified. It was well-known enough by 1980 for Lyndon LaRouche to claim they faked Three Mile Island.

Yes, but a good chunk of their work was in the secret or TS/SCI world. See the ownership and maintenance of the CLS, the relocation orgs, the funding and maintenance of the various computer networks, and even the planning on how relocation and living arrangements were supposed to work. I could be wrong, but I want to remember it was a big deal after Hurricane Andrew in '92; when President Clinton released the communications and HQ trailers all of which were supposed to be for post attack operations. That all went south to help the reconstruction efforts down there and coordinate the clean ups.
It was a big deal if I remember reading and hearing the news. Like folks were honestly surprised to see this slightly unknown organization that had heavy duty computing, HQ trailers, and communications gear for such a supposedly tiny federal agency. There is some other info about its more black budget side of FEMA in this article from Wired.