Thread: French Orbat
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
Seriously, I see France developping itself in Africa and the Carribean but more with a kind of state union. I would imagine that to happen in Europe as well. That might be the best reason and France might move in simply to make that happen, using troops to bring security more than to conquer. The conquest would be more of a political one.
I agree with that 100%. And personally, I prefer the game play options that a political expansion / conquest offers.

In my work on the UK I have the French goal being to prevent the UK becoming a threat to French power without open warfare between the UK and France.

To do so I have an independent Scotland becoming a member of the Franco Belgian Union, thus splitting the UK and allowing the French a foothold in the British Isles, whilst DGSE Agents would be carrying out clandestine operations in England to ensure that HMG remains unstable.

One area that has been making me think has been the presence of French troops on Scottish soil, so I like your earlier idea about the troops overseas being a volunteer force.