Thread: Netherlands OOB
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Banned

Just wanted to remind people of a document I found in 2018 - it details the reduction in the Dutch forces due to the CFE Treaty that occurred in our timeline and I am pretty sure also happened in V2.2 - not sure about V4 but it may be a "reality" there too - shows how many vehicles, planes, small arms, etc.. they had to discard/sell/destroy and gives a window into the reduction of forces that happened to NATO

Also useful for those playing Dutch characters as it shows the kind of equipment they had before the reductions (i.e. for a V1 campaign) as to armored vehicles/tanks/small arms/etc.

Example from the document – By November 1995, the Netherlands had fulfilled all tis CFE reduction obligations through either cascading or destruction. The reductions were accomplished thru the disposal of the following:

Tanks: 170 Leopard IV
ACV: 104 M-113A1, 283 YP-408
Artillery: 230 M-30 and MO-120-RT-61 mortars, M-101 and M-114 howitzers

Also the document shows equipment that the Dutch sold previously as well - so lets say you are writing a module on Indonesia - yes thats you Legbreaker - you can see all the equipment the Dutch sold them from 1977- 1989

or where did all those Centurions go to that the Dutch had - answer they went to Austria who used them in the static fortress role - so Raellus thats for you and your Austrian Sourcebook

reposted the document again and its very useful for those doing V4 and wanting to try to create Dutch characters given the lack of info there - so you can see some of the weapons and vehicles they would have had and go from there
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Dutch surplus weapons.pdf (297.3 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Olefin; 06-15-2021 at 12:13 PM.