View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:07 AM
The Stat Guy

The thing that confuses me about the V1/2/2.2 target map and Red Star, Lone Star is that on the game target map, Randolph AFB (on the north side of San Antonio) has been nuked. In Red Star, Lone Star, Randolph is intact, as is most of San Antonio. Logically, Randolph AFB, Kelly AFB, Ft Sam Houston, and San Antonio International Airport were all secondary or tertiary targets, and they probably all have been nuked.

Randolph AFB is Air Training Command, and has nice, big runways and great repair facilities. It was a secondary target for the Russians. Kelly AFB and San Antonio International Airport were secondary targets because they have runways that can handle heavy bombers and were SAC dispersal bases; Kelly also had repair facilities for heavy US aircraft. Ft. Sam Houston, in the T2K timeline, was home to 8th Army as well as MEDDAC (US Army Medical Command). It was a tertiary target.

Personally, I prefer San Antonio to be intact, but I may have a bias...

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com