View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebravo92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebravo92 View Post
A little farming town of 1,000 people, 20 miles down the road, is going to get overwhelmed by 100,000 people passing through. People on foot will steal vehicles, hungry/starving people will break into homes and kill livestock for food.
This sort of thing will certainly be true in some cases, but it would probably be more exception than rule.
I'm not as optimistic, and in any event, you sort of need the Hobbesian view of things to fit the plot of the canon Twilight exchange - which was a pretty miniscule exchange (73 megatons, roughly 130 dgz's) compared to what the US government has prepped for since the 50s.
I honestly think its a mixture of the two. Coming originally from a rural area where farmer will help neighboring farmer with harvests and other stuff. I can see them helping out at least initially. But spending my later years in an urban area. I see alot of entitled mentality in the urban areas. As urbanites begin to get relocated These two styles are going to clash in some areas and opinions start to change and change quickly because there are strains of xenophobia that run through rural areas. The question is what percentage and what areas and thats up to each individual ref and their particular world view. My own opinion is that its somewhere in between the extremes.

Last edited by shrike6; 12-02-2022 at 01:20 AM. Reason: added last sentence.