View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
Welcome back!

Unfortunately, the architecture of this one doesn't lend itself well to combat/noncombat selections. In the 2e generator, I used a system combining (background package) + (combat role package) + (support role package) to build the stats, so filtering was fairly easy.

I took a different approach for the 4e generator, though. It steps through (background phase) --> (first adult phase) --> (second adult phase) --> (war phase), with each phase transition having a table of available paths. With that architecture, classifying and filtering each phase transition by combat vs. noncombat is... not impossible, but not easy, and something I'd have to think about how to achieve. There's lower-hanging fruit in terms of incremental improvements to this generator, and I also have a few more sourcebook ideas in the hopper...

- C.
Yeah so checking the life path system this makes sense. When I made the "Training Packages for Redcaps" article for Ars Magica, I realised you could probably randomise the chunks similarly but the lifepath systems don't really lend to "chunking" as you say without more work sure.

So look I'm patient. But in terms of a GM resource would be amazing.