View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Pg234 of the V2.2 BYB states that total casualties in the US was 52% of the population (which obviously leaves 48% alive) It is explicitly stated that that figure is as correct as of July 2000 so includes subsequent deaths, not just direct casualties of the nuclear exchange. I'm not certain but I think you may be confusing T2K with T2K13 - I'm not as familiar with T2K13 but a 90% casualty figure for that work rings a bell.
T2013 assumed a 90% casualty rate. That came not from direct nuclear or kinetic effects of the war, but rather from the collapse of public health functions and the agricultural supply chain.

The presidential succession issue in the classic scenario always struck me as off, too. One thing I wanted to do with T2013 but never got around to was insert a couple of subtle hints that some of the key people in the process were targeted deliberately by parties unknown.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson