View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
I have sympathy for both views - but in the end I guess PCs have to go out hard.

If not , the challenge is sapped as someone said , and my energy as a GM as well.

The tree of a good campaign has to be replenished by the blood of PCs and NPCs from time to time..

But rather than fudge ( been there done that ) ,just level th eodds by attacking them with a squad rather than a platoon etc .

Then when they face overwhelming odds it should tense them up nicely .

I have a conundrum with General Pains char- they are so long in the campsign setting that killing them will be a sad session indeed.

But rather one sad session than 100 boring ones.I have to play for something in a way ...

Gen Pain - if you go you go..you should count yourself more than lucky to have made it this far..more than 30 sessions..its a record of sorts.

next one up - I say he fights cunningly and bravely or he dosent make it .

pLus a bit of luck of course

hmmm...this does not look good....I have a bad feeling.....

23 days to next session......

Luckily I'm gonna GM my Merc Campaign.....gonna be som serious hurt the next time...the time for punishment has arrived.......ohhh..did I "say" that out loud.....forget about it...it's gonna be the normal stroll in the park ....you know the park with the vengeful assasin squads, minefields, drugoverdoses, medical resaearch, backstabbing,snipers nests,mishaps of unspeakable nature, drownings, flamethrower accidents, flat tires, chemical spills, skin burns, knifefights, broken bones, loss of hope and a whole bunch of cash to the survivor....I mean survivors....or do I?