View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Well, based on my own experiences, a GI can truly sleep anywhere, some of the more locations are taking naps will sprawled along the gun tube, my TC was famous for that, for the driver, simply flip the splash guard up, rest your feet on one headlight, slap your CVC on and rest your head on the opposite headlight. You can nap, but it isn't comfortable.

I agree with you, impose a discomfort rule and lack of sleep modifiers.
Oh I believe you. Considering the number of people I have woken who fell asleep on the shitter in the Field.

My personal fave is the hood of the humvee. Before sleep systems and bivy bags I had a artic bag and a body bag (nylon carrier). Totally scared the shit out of a guy in 1991 in the Iraqi desert. He thought I was, in fact, a corpse waiting for pick up when he came to our truck for directions and I sat up.

Slept on a pile a A-bags (Duffle bags) more than once on a tarmac to deploy somewhere.

On the deck (platform between the seats) of a humvee with my feet up under the radio during a looooonggggggg (three days) convoy while the truck was driving.

more than once in the old dogpile at the range because no woobie and just field jackets or gortex... Pro tip... polar fleece vests in black or green work under either and much better than liners.

What kind of positive modifiers for coffee, copenhagen, and pure hate for the living? +5% cumulative?