View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Those are really great details. One of my PCs had the last letter from his love (whom he assumed was killed in TDM). One of the side trips in Krakow had him looking for transparent tape to reinforce the worn edges.

Those are great pictures as well. I am glad you got to spend some time with your boys and I hope that the future has them near you as much as possible.
Thank you so much. being apart form the boys is killing me. i still dont understand why fathers in the UK don't get any kinds of rights when their wives take the children to another country saying thta they are not standing in the way of you to get to see your children. and when you are there to see them, limit the amount of time you can spend with them. 30 minute trip at a McDonalds was the shortest amount of time i got to spend with the boys, while 3 hourse was the most time i got to spend with the boys. and they had promised me ONE full day with the boys. But I never got it. the boys where so happy to have gotten to see me. And despte Emma's best attempts to get Jack from calling me Daddy has failed. He still knows who I am, and that I am still 'daddy' to him when she is not around.

I mis them so damn bad. i really want to write or Rp this out in hopes of getting pass this smothering pain.

As for the pictures... Nathaniel had all the pictures and letters lanimated to protect them... of course having access to ID manufacturing equipment is always a good thing when you are trying to make something flimsy into something that can better survive a very rugged envirnonment!

My GM had stated that after our detachment arrived at the British Army of the Rhine Headquarters, Nathaniel got to meet up with his sons who where being raised by the Field Marshal who was the Commanding General of the British Army in Europe. The boys ran up and started crawling and climbing all over his body and perching themselves on his shoulders.

CW3 Nathaniel Hale Spaight III was able to get news back from the homefront, tellling him that his father and grandfather had run into problems when FEMA arrived at the Spaight Homestead and tried to take complete control over the farm and its various operations. Especially with the impossition of D.P.s (aka displaced persons) being placed on the Spaight homestead supposedly to help with the levels of physical labor that the family would need.

Nathaniel Hale Spaight II became angred when FEMA representatives set themselves up in the family home,and forced the SPaight family into conditions worse than even that the DPs where forced to endure after they arrived.

This became the biggest reason that we had frequent trips to the military cantonments of Divisional Headquarters and above, since the headquarters at the Divisional, Corps, and Army levels. The postal services that kept the mail moving back and forth between the United States of America and the troops that where out in the field.

The Mail call part of the evening routine had became a major thing in the lives of the player characters and non-player characters. Espeically when letters from home where there with news about the goings on back stateside.

We explained this as being a part of schooners that where being used as mail ships. salvaged digital videocameras, laptops and the ability to burn data CDs allowed many men and women to amass large quantities of letters and messages back home.

And would give the Player Characters reasons for getting back to the states.

Especially with the "Going Home" module with Operation Omega showing the PCs just how important it was for them to get back to the states to bring justice to the chaos that had been ruling the country side.

We never really had a chance to run through all of the modules for the return back home... i reallly miss getting into a game where we can just play a game and see how far our characters would end up getting themselves into. Nathaniel Hale Spaight III was devoted to his wife, and after having learned she had cheated on him, and taken another lover devastanted him. So much so he didn't even realize that the Iranian American news correspondent that had been following the missions of his team had fallen in love with him, until the boys met her... and declared that SHE Was their new 'mummy' and they wanted to live with their Daddy and 'New Mummy' as soon as possible. While the Field Marshal was sad to see his adopted grandkids leave, he knew it was for the best. Besides he and his wife joined Operation Omega to return to the Spaight Family Homestead to get it back to the condition it had been in before the war had started.