View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivegh View Post
For my campaign, The players all have the Basic Uniform (AC7) plus they and commonly due wear the IBA with Plates. Yes Its Heavy (About 20pds), But It will stop an AK-47 Round at close Range. When Layered with the MP uniform its a lot of protection and yes the players have taken a burst from a M60 at 8 meters and lived. IT broke a rib, stunned the player, Broke the IBA ceramic chest plate, and made a mess of his uniform, but he lived.

I always thought if the MP trained and froze teams, they can afford $2000 body Armour.

The Biggest issues for the teams have been the weight. Its a killer when its hot and there carrying the 80 pds of the Basic Load, but considering a Crossbow Bolt is EF12, the teams put up with it.

Also The Hit chart means players are always getting hit in the legs and arms so the IBA does nothing for the players. The AC7 Basic Uniform helps but does not stop a Bow (EF10 to 14).

I use modern (2010) Us military uniforms made from MP Resistoweave. The Team is in the High Desert so they are all in the desert Tan. IT just makes sense to have teams look like modern military as local government would much more likely work with them if they act like US military forces.

Considering they are equipped like us soldiers, the might as well look like them with MP Badges.
That's what i would want, a layered system for protection. but having the MP look like official soldiers could be seen as a problem as well... Having the MP appear to be a neutral thrid party has it's strengths as well as weaknesses as i've tried to explain...

I went with the base khaki color for the MP uniforms out of an attempt to come up with a color that would fit into almost every environment, with special camo parkas/smocks that would fit specific environments.

my idea for the uniform would have the base 'under armor long johns' under their uniform made of a light weight moisture-wicking resistweave material. then the standard resistweave pants, jacket / tunic (or combat shirt), ankle boots and gartiers / anklets. then you have the bodyarmor composed of a helmet, knee & elbow pads, a vest (with upper arm and groin protection). you would also have an opitional set of shin and forearm guards that could be worn with that.

Level I: basic resistweave field uniform.

Level II: basic resistweave field uniform, knee & elbow pads, full or stripped down vest (upper arm & groin guards) with the helmet as being optional as are a pair of armored combat gloves.

Level III: basic resistweave field uniform, gloves, helmet, vest (upper arm & groin guards, & optional thigh armor), knee & elbow pads, shin & forearm guards. also can inculde an optional ballastic faceplate.

I have ideas of different kinds of helmets that the MP would have... one of the helmets is based on the WWII and West German tanker helmet-beret.

You've got the half helmet like what US Special Forces wear, the full helmet like what our regular troops wear. I have examples that i'll be posting as soon as i can. i've been trying to get the ability to draw each of the different uniforms again.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.

Last edited by natehale1971; 08-18-2009 at 02:20 PM.