View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

In my campaign, i had National Guard units back in the US using Vietnam-era (and older) surplus uniforms and other personal equipment. Heck, my MP campaign the Snake-Eater teams had caches full of had uniforms, weapons and equipment that was drawn from stocks as far back as early-WW2 (M1941 field uniforms for example). Normally these where intended to be issued to locally raised and trained militias... but these are US Army Special Forces green berets, so they would be wearing the same thing, using the same gear (possibly with their more modern weapons if they so chose)... One of the Snake-Eater teams had a major stockpile of WW2 weapons, uniforms, equipment, vehicle and gear... The cache had originally been set up by FEMA, using the old stockpiles that hadn't ben sold off to surplus or destroyed post-ww2 (all those M1 SMGs, M1911A1 pistols, M1 carbines, ect...).

My T2k campaign also had USAF personnel turned into field units equipped with guntrucks to police and patrol rear-guard areas since they didn't really have aircraft to keep in the air anymore.

Oh... and they also took old parachutes and turned them into hot-air ballon like weather ballons that where used to replace spy and communications satelites.