View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:10 AM

Default expensive

I would think that a classy establishment were the staff was clean and bathed ,the rooms were well appointed and heated etc -i.e a situation close to the luxuries of before SHTF would fetch a high price .So much so that soemone in the manager role or the actual co-worker her/him self could accumulate a tidy surplus.

After all , most other people will be dirty and ragged from working and toiling and breaking their backs to get enough food and firewood to survive .Diseases and accidents and the hard life will show in the faces -there is a reason that life expectancy was a lot lower in the old old days .

If the staff has all their teeth,and otherwise looks healthy ,clean and are somewhat good looking ,they will be alot more attractive than the regular person out there all dirty and smelly,sick maybe from something not very nice,clothes in rags and did I mention the smell ?

On the other hand , sex for enough food to survive the day should be readily available for scraps even in some cases (I did mention the smell though?)

I base this on a guess considering what life could be like in the feudal or early industrial societies in parts of Europe.