Thread: Radios
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
Here's an interesting T2K idea -- major units that become disrupted due a breakdown in the radio nets of frequency-hopping radios. I don't know if it's classified anymore (it was when I was in), so I won't say how the frequency "hopsets" are distributed, but if the hopsets for FH radios aren't synchronized, you won't be able to talk to each other any more -- and you won't even know it's happening until you notice the rest of the formerly-chatty net has become silent. That can really disrupt unit cohesion. Are they on a different hopset? Have they been wiped out? Was there a hopset error at higher HQ that screwed up the works (easily fixed, but not if higher HQ has been destroyed)? If you need help, are you going to get it?
If you can say, Paul, could physical damage (or EMP, per the other current thread) compromise that synchronization without totally breaking the radio?

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson