View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Thanks, Targan! The Shershen was too small to show up in any of my old Jane's or Cold-War era gear books- I've been searching off and on for a smallish WTO design that could serve as a river gunboat. This might just fit the bill.
In my last campaign I had a Shershen as one of the "flagships" of the Vistula river pirates. The USN SEAL XO of Major Po's unit led a night time mission to affix home-made shaped charge limpet mines to some of the pirates' other substantial vessels prior to the rest of the party storming the Shershen boat. Po's party then took the Shershen a good way down the Vistula (pretending to be on a KGB-led mission) until a Soviet unit garrisoning a bridge with a GRU liaison became suspicious of their cover and holed the boat in the ensuing firefight.

I actually posted some of my photos and line drawings of Shershens in another thread last year some time I think. Would you like me to post the vehicle sheet I wrote up for my last campaign? From memory it has the location and armor values written up in v1 format. The weapon stats are in Gunmaster format but you can ignore those