Thread: Akmr
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I say yes, it is found, since 90% of the parts are interchangeable, all it really takes is a barrel swap if I recall right.

Now, in my T2K playing, I just keep stocks of both weapons available. A unit either has AKMs or the AK-74, with more regular and modern units having the 74 as its universal weapon, although some units do preffer to keep or return to the 47.

I view the AKMR on par with the M16EZ's mentioned. It was made from spare parts or weapons that were sent back to the armory for repair and refitting. Basicaly used weapons that may be worn out and given a new barrel. These often are found in the hands of partisans and other irregular forces, although I tend to give irregular forces usualy loyal to the Russians with older weapons like the SKS and Mosin/Nagant or the M-44 carbine and the assorted PP series submachineguns.

Once I even threw a T-55 at my players.

But say a unit that was formed after the bombs fell when Ivjesk <spelling> was nuked and the Russians industrial capacity was damaged I could see them being issued with AKMR's from arsenal rebuilt weapons mainly due to a lack of resources. It does seem logical since eastern bloc ammo tends to be more corosive when barrels become worn, why not give them a new barrel and convert it to the new round. Anyhow that is the logic in my campaign, as well as who would get them.

Last edited by jester; 08-01-2009 at 08:50 PM.