Thread: KFS Refit
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I have to admit that I don't have Fallback or Bullets and Bluegrass, but then I am not sure how far one needs to follow Morrow Project Canon either. To me the game books are more tools than bible, useful for the story you tell.
No one is going to burn you at the stake if you depart from Morrow Project Canon. That is for the T2k/T2K13 side of the house.

Mostly Canon is used as a baseline. Canon adds consistency to the storytelling, and gives everyone common ground to progress in polite debate.

Departures from canon and alternate timelines are interesting and welcome. However, you will notice those threads tend to stall, as one person is telling the story and everyone else is agreeing or disagreeing.

The other reason for the canon discussions is that those of us that have the module would dearly love to expand upon them and fill out the details.

Trust me just as you have a whole adventure plotline planned out, the PCs are about to meet the NPC that introduces the story hook............. Someone tries to pickpocket the fat guy, fails their agility roll, a fight breaks out, and the PCs leave the tavern. Ha.