View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:07 PM

I will have to re-read the pertinent parts of the manual again, but my gut says you end up with a fast computer, a pretty smart AI, lots of storage, a fusion reactor with lots of fuel, a history of the war, a powerful radio transceiver, and a potential nexus for a base. I do not believe that Damocles would have real codes to use. It was in testing. You give it some codes that are keyed as tests and would not activate strategic forces.
Consider that RSA was an emerging encryption standard and didn't really get confidence behind it until the 1990's. The standard for encryption prior for real security was one-time pads. You cannot break a message encoded that way without the corresponding pad. Therefore it doesn't matter how fast or remarkable Damocles is, without access to the pad Damocles cannot raise real forces. Though security forces in the area might be able to be activated for self defense. But those are not strategic forces.
So clear some trees and start building barracks around it and you have a cool base.