Thread: KFS Refit
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
First the KFS army flaws were to give exploitable weaknesses, but their equipment is what was at hand post war. The only cannon arsenal in the U.S. is Watervliet in New York, so I think the proposed Real World 105MM MGS would be a better fit. They would be using left overs for decades until they built an arsenal.(BTW, even mortar barrels are from the same plant. The M249 would be more common than the CETME, as would Glock 9MM pistols. The KFS tanks are less capable versions in armor and the M1 is just an M60 with sloped armor due to lesser facilities and shared components.
The KFS is the Rich Five, a group that went into cryosleep with a portion of their merchant empire. This is manufacturing, refining, even 2000 employees and emerged after the war with a tech level A society in all regards.

Considering they are the technical equals of the Morrow Project to include fusion power.

They went into Cryosleep with the small arms and the capability to repair them or manufacture new. Now they are supposed to have acquired the heavy armor and artillery during the chaos following the War. They had V-300s going in and the capability to make more. So I believe, given these clues and the statements that they have manufactured new replacement M1s and M2s that low rate manufacturing is possible for them to include the massive mandrels and hammer forge to make new barrels.

Low rate manufacture can mean anything to the PD running the campaign from 1 to 1000 per month. I would say the smaller and complex the item the higher rate. More Mini 14s, if they ran the factory at full speed they probably could put out a few hundred per month. A new M1 tank, maybe four with all the small parts and the electronic, turbine, radios, etc.