Thread: Gun questions
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:02 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

And the old M14 magazine pouches held 4 20 round magazines where as the ALICE pouches held 3 30 round magazines. And throughout the 80s and 90s you often would get bandoliers that were originaly designed to reload the 20 round magazines, they would have pockets each holding a carboard box of 2 ten round stripper clips with a total of 180 rounds, then the later ones were designed to recharge the 30 round magazines, these were boxes of 3 10 round stripper clips, each badolier holding 210 rounds. In my games, I made this fairly common when my players get new issue ammo.

And yes the 20 rounders are out there. I have had several since the 70s, a freind on a working party in supply ones had access to a embark box full of them. He didn't know that they fit the standard M16A2's we had, otherwise he would have grabbed a few. <He was timid when it came to liberating things from supply, or even asking if they wanted stuff that was never going to be used again>

I recently saw a youtuve clip where a kid in army looking digital uniform and gear was firing a SAW and it was loaded with a 20 round magazine, so even there it will work.

I think its kinda cool to have options, to show different stages of equipment, kinda like breaking out ancient stores or really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. An example, have the local militia or police who are armed with the M16EZ to also be issued with the 20 round magazines, to show that they are on a less than equil status than those in primary combat units.