View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 04:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
Just a slight note: When I was in the Army, and you were a PV2 for more than a few months after arriving at your first unit, you were either pogue or you'd been demoted at some point. The T2K situation may alter things, but that's my two cents.

OT aside: I knew a guy who'd been demoted to E-none so many times that he took some blank name tag tape and made himself sew-on PV1 rank. (A PV1 has no stripes.) His superiors didn't think it was funny...
ROFLOL! That's just too good! Reminds me of some really funny things when i was in as well.

I have a feeling that during the war the ranks of PVT and PV2 would be held by those draftees that where there 'just to fill in the ranks' as it where. Promotion to higher ranks would end up being career military or those draftees who would actually be damn good at their jobs.

Does anyone have suggestions about the Mortar and Anti-Armor assets being directly assigned to the platoon level with this reorganization that i'm using? Or does any have any suggestions for improving it? Or should I keep it the way it is?