View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971
Does anyone have suggestions about the Mortar and Anti-Armor assets being directly assigned to the platoon level with this reorganization that i'm using? Or does any have any suggestions for improving it? Or should I keep it the way it is?
We're (I'm guessing) talking about light infantry here, so the way we did it at the 82nd was that we had a 60mm mortar team attached to us from the Weapons Platoon, and everyone carried four rounds in addition to his normal gear. We also had a machinegun team attached to us (gunner and 2 A-gunners) that were part of the platoon. Antiarmor assets consisted of just about everyone carrying an M-136, and one squad member with a Dragon (these were pre-Javelin days) and two other troops carrying spare rounds. (I kept getting the Dragon in my younger days -- when I first got to the 82nd, I was the only one in the platoon with a C2 designator.) The TOW guys had HMMWVs with TOW launchers on them, and they scooted around as needed; the same as the 81mm mortar teams.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com