View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

As i have stated, I've been talking with the game developers and will be writing the Project Sourcebook that details how the Morrow Project is suppose to work once it gets started. All of the developers stated that the goal was rebuild the republic along the lines of the constitution (the idea of why fix something that isn't broken, just being ignored).

Why would hundreds or thousands or even hundreds of thousands of people have volunteered for over thirty to fifty years to 'rebuild' the US without having something to hold onto and not let the secret out to some intrepid reporter or family member/loved one/best friends (even if just to warn them what was coming)?

The one thing the military maintains is its oath to protect and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic... this gives EVERYONE no matter their political beliefs something that can be held onto.

The Goal to rebuild the US was paramount in the project, and the one thing that the RIGHT AND LEFT can agree on is that the Constitution is the basic building blocks of BOTH Political Ideologies. Thus something EVERYONE can agree upon.

The Personnel in the project are composed of people of every ethnic group, every political persuasion, and religion imaginable. But what holds them together, what brings them all together to work as a single unit to rebuild a country that had moved so far away from it's founding document and showing signs of collapsing upon the weight of it's own bureaucracy?

If we were living by the way the constitution set things up, the Federal Government would be a neutral arbitrator when two states have a problem. That each of the states could set up the kind of government that its populace wanted, and those who disagreed with it could 'vote with their feet' and move to the next state over. It was a simple system that would allow states like California, Massachusetts and New York to pass laws that governed its people how they saw fit, as long as those laws did not violate the Bill of Rights.

Thus Massachusetts could pass a law that legalizes Homosexual Marriages, but states that do not believe in it, would not be legally bound to recognize them.

Most people forget that while the Federal Government was not allowed to establish a State Religion, each of the States had their own State Churches. And in some of those early states/commonwealths... those churches still exist, and you use to have to be a member of that church to hold political office.

I have talked with as many of the developers of the game on this subject many times. And I am the one the current owners of the game are going to get to write the Project Sourcebook, because they have seen all of my ideas and notes and felt that they have provided the best rationale on how the project should have been organized and ran. Because i look for the minute details and try and figure out how they would work in practice.

I read logistical manuals for how to make things like this work. When Kato said that Morrow Industries could use a UPS like company to cover their movements, I was like... Hell yes. That would explain a hell of a lot. Back in the 60s and 70s and early 80s such companies really didn't exist, and neither did community public storage complexes.

But those are things that the Project would use to cover their operations. But it's not in the cannon, but it works. It explains just how the project was able to move things about without drawing attention upon itself.

These are the things that the new edition will be taking into account. And will allow the new edition to bring new players to the game.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.