Thread: Contact pack
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
So what do we think makes a contact kit more realistic.
practical elements and that impractical touch that spells out personal flair. A sweat shirt from the university that you attended possibly.

Quote:
3 or 4 16/20 oz soda bottles.
Sure, I used a one liter Mt Dew bottle on my mountain bike for two years. My nice water bottle was stolen off my bike and no one wanted that soda bottle.
Quote:
A piece of metal wrapped in duct tape for an improvised knife.
I would think that every where you went would be knives of all kinds just laying on shelves or in drawers. Were you thinking of this as a weapon perhaps? A lawn mower blade made into a weapon?
Quote:
the last 100 pages of a paper back book. (used as toilet paper)
Phone books, catalogs went to gloss paper! Yes, finding a roll of charmin post mutual annihilation is going to ultra rare.
Quote:
A buckskin wrap containing 14 oz of smoked dried meat.
If you have the skinning and butchering tools plus the know how to do it. Otherwise you need to have an explanation for what you traded for it.
Quote:
A tupperware container filled with peanuts.
Which are all over in every gas station, convenience store, grocery store, and flea market. Peanuts are dirt cheap protein and plant oils.. The shelf life sucks though because of the fats and oils.
Quote:
A film container containing 1/2 oz cannabis with small wood carved pipe.
Or raw vodka or whiskey, even some over the counter meds like valium. If the PC is willing to consume it sure. The PC might need to operate undercover and evaluate a refugee group for days to determine what aid is appropriate.