View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Banned

Well obviously GDW authors werent all talking to each other - i.e. if the EMP fried so much then why are there working vehicles that have electronic ignitions, working reactors (Colorado Springs, the USS Virginia), that there was power still being generated in the US in 1998 in places AFTER the TDM, that there are still jet aircraft flying (and that it was fuel and spare part issues not fried electrical systems that made the military park them), that there are missiles that still work, targeting systems, etc. that still work?

And the 194th isnt just at Cairo and Robinson - if you go by Challenge Magazine they are also sending in patrols deep into Ohio as well - and any EMP that fried communication systems would have probably fried the targeting systems on the M1 tanks.

Like I said GDW continuity errors between their various Twilight 2000 releases had enough plot holes to drive (literally) a Sherman tank thru (or Cromwell or Panther or T-34 for our friends in other countries) as a result.

However a nation almost devoid of working modern electrical devices - no that is definitely NOT what GDW describes - for one because several of their own releases contradict themselves on that. Not the least of which is Last Submarine - i.e. how did they refit her if most electronics were fried by EMP. The issues the sub had were with insufficient manning in the rest of the trilogy - not insufficient electronics to get her fitted out.

Oh and HW and I are not friends (shocker to those who have followed my posts) - Loren didnt really do a good job of explaining why no military unit in the US managed to grow in size when the only game in town to get fed in many areas is to join the army. Or where 41000 of the 43000 that got brought home from Europe went to. Or what happened to a hell of a lot of National Guard and Reservist units that would have definitely been mobilized long before. Or that fact that his timeline didnt work with at least two of released modules that preceded it - So I gave up a long time ago trying to apply logic to make sense of the multiple contradictions between HW and multiple previous releases. And then the 2nd edition came out and didnt mention New America or the HW/Kidnapped drought at all so not even sure for V2.2 if they even exist.

Last edited by Olefin; 10-23-2020 at 02:14 PM.