View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
If I may offer a very modest suggestion, for the photo of the BMD in the Lithuanian village, you might consider changing the caption to some place in China. Those thatched-roof buildings just look like something you might see in village in the Chinese countryside.
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought that since the infantryman was carrying an AKM and appeared to be wearing a khaki-colored jacket, it was likely later in the war, when the elite airborne forces would most likely have been re-deployed from the Far East. The picture was actually taken last year in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wiser
Nice job, Chico! When's the piece coming to the web site?
It's up now. Due to space limitations, the document still resides on Google Documents but the web site has a direct link to the file. I also cleaned up the web site a little bit...
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...