Thread: MP Gear
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I try to design the project teams so they will survive from a logistical perspective, even if a team wakes up 10 days after impacts. That is where the nesting cache concept comes from. Since there is going to be more room there than in the bolthole, I figured a footlocker sized cache seemed reasonable.

The larger cache at the regional base would probably never be accessible to players in a standard game (150+ years wakeup), but from a logistical perspective it works. Since most of my regional bases are based on mines, moving such material into the base would only require one half of one day's volume of the mine's average train traffic.

I can use the caches as a way to move players around. I also look at it as a bit of payback to honorable men and women who chose sacrifice literally everything. These sacrifices were made and in return the teams only got vague promises of support (which in the end were broken). So if the project has the space, I at least have them try to make a bit of recompense for what was given up.

Last edited by kato13; 12-11-2013 at 11:25 AM.