View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 05:23 AM

I was hesitant to chime in, but I will.

Olefin is VERY passionate. Thus of us who have been here a while know this.

Why a lot of what Olefin posted regarding Alpha was bombastic, does it really deserve a two month ban? Of note, he DID NOT insult or belittle or in any way attack fellow Forum members for their post; something that would indeed deserve a ban.

In my opinion, FL has pulled a "bait and switch" with a lot of T2K fans that love the game. The V4, as I recall the pitch, was to be an update and upgrade with compatibility with the previous edition and published materials. A lot of people on the forum devoted considerable time and effort to help FL get the project off the ground and help with development in light of this promise. Quite a few did play testing. FL held out hints that some that have published material - like Olefin - would be able to market new supplements they wrote. FL leveraged a lot of this activity to get their Kickstarter campaign funded, and lets face it, a LOT of Forum members contributed to KS.

What did we end up with? The Alpha is what. FL ignored much of the hard work and CONSTRUCTIVE feedback from this community to produce an Alpha with clunky mechanics and a backstory that reeks of both anti-American and anti-NATO biases that ends up making the Soviets the "good guys," and this after they invaded the Baltics and Poland triggering the war; not to mention invading Sweden and the UK (after nuking the UK into the dark ages of course). Frankly, the way I read it, they allowed a lot of personal political leanings to bleed into the draft that were inevitably going to upset long-time fans that expected an Alpha that comported with their marketing. In my humble opinion, what FL delivered did not match up with their promises and wildly missed the mark.

I don't know if Olefin contributed to Kickstarter, spent hours playtesting, or was given vague hints of "yes, we want you to write stuff and will pay you for it" or not. The point is that at least some here did and were unceremoniously ignored and misused, and rightly, I think, feel betrayed and lied to and have every right to be bitter and vent.

In my opinion, Olefin has done nothing more than give in to the heartfelt frustration and anger that many feel and vented - hard - and not without justification. Given this unique situation, I just don't know that these posts should have triggered a ban; certainly not a permanent ban. All that said, I respect the Moderators' judgment, and of course, the general membership has no idea what was discussed behind the scenes.

Last edited by mpipes; 12-03-2020 at 05:31 AM.