Thread: French Orbat
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=Personally I think that going by canon France has already become a Superpower in the T2K World, possibly the only real Superpower.[/QUOTE]

I agree to that. but there are a few reason for France pushing it.

First France might certainly not remain a democracy and you'll have to get the French occupied. Anyway, in such time if the government just sit there you can expect the French to go for another revolution.

Then, you have some ressources to get from southern Germany. You won't have to worry about much opposing Forces and about ethnic cleanic (it's done)

Also, that would be a fun idea (and probably a politicaly appealing one) to recreate some kind of Carloman Empire. French have some drawbacks and if you tell them that you will create an European Empire with France at the center, trust me, they'll go for it. When French get miserable, they go to war (at least you get something to eat and some grandeur to dream of. How do you think Bonaparte made them move?). Look also at the French national heroes: Louis XIV (a war monger that banckrupted France) and Napoleon I (a butcher that conquered Europe, killing probably 2 million people in the process and one the Russians are simply calling "Tyran")

Poland might be too much (I was just getting carried out) but there is a reason for it, nevertheless, Poniatowski (heir to the Throne of the Warsaw duchy) is French.

Finally, the country has the troops to do it and the ones to secure the conquered lands and it's open for the taking (Spain, however, bring back bad memories and Italy is too much of a mess).

Actually, as there is no more world economy, its collapse won't have much consequences after some times.

Seriously, I see France developping itself in Africa and the Carribean but more with a kind of state union. I would imagine that to happen in Europe as well. That might be the best reason and France might move in simply to make that happen, using troops to bring security more than to conquer. The conquest would be more of a political one.

One last thing, if France retains a navy, don't expect HMG to retain the working offshore platforms for long (just in memory of Joan of Arc). France would quickly have 5 or 6 carrier to rely on (Foch, Clemenceau, C. de Gaulle, Richelieu, PA-75 project and another one as I recall). + plans for serious landing ships already made.

Therefore, I agree that France was lightly touched but not to the point of remaining intact! Don't forget that it retains all of its major cities as well as all its industry and electricity can be put back in no time. If you don't target at least a bit of its military, you are doomed.

About moving troops and units around, I think France to be taken by surprise and I think it retains the nukes for a given purpose (make her point is a good one)

Last edited by Mohoender; 09-18-2008 at 11:37 AM.