View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971
Default Supply Cache Idea...

I've been looking at the thread about using cargo containers as the basis of supply caches, and it gave me an idea for the supply caches for teams. I've always seen supply caches as a way for teams to set up refugee camps or provide health can comfort of survivors, not just to reequip the team after they've run out of ammo... Now what i'm proposing does not have to be EVERY supply cache, but at least one or two of the six that the team has assigned to them... this would allow the average recon team to set up a small refugee camp (or bolster the food and medical supplies of a small settlement) that can help up to 300 families.

My idea is that the supply cache is a set up that looks like an eight-pointed star, established around a central shaft that can be used to get supplies out of the cache (namely via a set of block and tackle that would be part of the materials and supplies in the central shaft, along with the stuff for ramps that can be used to get the vehicles being stored at the cache out). Each spoke would be dedicated to a different aspect of supplies being stored... thus allowing a team the ability to know where something is (i always had the first thing that the team found when they accessed a supply cache was an inventory so they would know if what they are needing was in the cache or not). And it would allow the cache to be used as a storage area after it's been cleaned out (something that would be ideal if you are setting up the refugee camp right there at the cache if capable).

Heavy vehicles would all be at depots, boltholes, emergency shelters or the like.

Spoke 1 (Food, Personal Demand & Sundry Items): This spoke contains enough food to feed 3000 people for three to six months (depending on rationing), along with enough HCP 1 & 2 to provide for all health and comfort needs of 3000 people for six months.
Spoke 2 (Humanitarian & Housing Supplies): This spoke contains enough supplies to allow the team set up a long term refugee tent city for up to 300 families. Also includes a portable water treatment unit trailer, thermal conversion waste treatment unit, a small power grid & power plant, and the materials to assemble a water storage tank. Also includes the tools and equipment for at least a 100 workers to build the necessary infrastructure for the refugee camp. In addition there are support tents & materials to build secure structures (such as a clinic or infirmary). The spoke also contains all of the materials & equipment that is to be used to setup a school, which will be capable of providing for the educational needs of children from ages 3 to 14.
Spoke 3 (Weapons & Ammunition): This spoke contains enough weapons, ammunition, and reloading equipment that can be used to outfit a small armed security force of 48 to assist in protection of Morrow Project assets or habitations as needed with small caliber weapons. But the majority of the contents of the cache spoke contain the weapons and ammunition to completely resupply the team.
Spoke 4 (Vehicles, Electronics & Maintenance bay): This spoke contains one or two replacement team vehicles, and a couple alternative vehicles. There is a variety of repair and replacement spare parts and equipment that are available for vehicles, team equipment and gear.
Spoke 5 (Emergency Equipment & Vehicles): This spoke contains all of the equipment needed by fire-fighters, law enforcement and emergency medical personnel to deal with mass fatalities and search & rescue operations.
Spoke 6 (Medical Equipment): This spoke contains a wide variety of medical equipment, supplies, drugs and other necessary goods for treating the medical needs of a refugee camp.
Spoke 7 (Construction Materials & Equipment): This spoke contains all of the construction equipment and materials needed to build a long-term refugee camp. The spoke also contains solar power panels, batteries and equipment necessary to set up a power plant to provide renewable energy for the refugee camp.
Spoke 8 (Horticulture and Agricultural Supplies): This spoke contains several support vehicles (John Deer tractors and electric all-terrain carts), seeds for a wide-variety of staple crops, and all of the farming equipment that can be used to establish a farm that will allow the refugee camp to become self-sufficient within a period of three to six months. The spoke also contains all of the materials needed to build a series of greenhouses to allow for crops to be grown year around.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.